Page loading please wait...
Welcome to Paynow, this page is intended to guide you through common customer queries when making payment on Paynow. If you would like to receive payments please follow the Getting Started guide and the Merchant FAQ.
Do I need a Paynow account?
You do not need to be a registered user to make payments. If you would like to make a payment please Log On using the Guest Payment option. If you are a registered user you have the benefit of browsing your previous payments and receiving SMS status updates. At present user registration is by invite only, if you would like to receive an invite please go to the Sign Up page and complete the Register Interest form.
How Can I Pay?
Paynow accepts the following payment methods, please note that some merchants may have elected not to accept certain types of payments:
- ZimSwitch Vpayments: Vpayments is an online payments platform run by ZimSwitch and is currently accepting payments from customers banked at CABS, CBZ, FBC Bank, POSB, Trust Bank and ZB Bank. When you check out on Paynow you will be redirected to Vpayments to create an account or login to an existing account. In order to make payment you will need a Zimbabwe ZimSwitch Card issued by one of the supported banks. Any normal bank card will work it does not need to be a Credit Card or other specially issued card.
- Visa / MasterCard: Both locally issued Visa / MasterCard cards and international Visa / MasterCard Debit and Credit cards will work on Paynow. Zimbabwean banks with Visa / MasterCard support include Barclays, EcoBank, FBC Bank, Kingdom, NMB, Stanbic, Standard Chartered, Steward Bank and others. Using the Visa / MasterCard option does not require you to make an account, you only need your card details, as if you were making a payment on an international site.
- EcoCash: Paynow will accept payment from any registered EcoCash line. You do not need to make any other accounts or setup anything with EcoCash once you are registered on the EcoCash platform. Please visit your nearest Econet shop to register for EcoCash if you are not already registered.
- TeleCash: Any registered TeleCash customer can make payment on Paynow. To register for TeleCash please visit your nearest TeleCel offices or agent.
Who Can I Pay?
You can make payment to any registered Paynow merchant. You can initiate a transaction in one of the following ways:
- Pay Bills Online (coming soon): Paynow is integrated with the most popular service providers including Zesa, Zinwa, Zimra, DSTV, City of Harare and many more. After logging in click the Pay Bills Online link to see a list of service providers, select the one you want, complete the bill payment form and choose your payment option. Please note that Bill Payments are not covered by the escrow service and payment is immediately made to the provider.
View Verified Merchants:
Verified merchants have had their company name, email address and bank account details verified by Paynow.
It gives you piece of mind that you are dealing with the correct company. After logging in click the
View Verified Merchants link to browse the list of verified merchants.
Select the merchant and complete the payment form, choose a payment method and make payment.
Please note: Paynow's Verification system is centred on identity and traceability. It does not constitute an endorsement of a Paynow member, their products, services nor is it a guarantee that you will receive what they have promised. You should always consider additional information when evaluating sellers, such as how long they've been members of Paynow, or review their ratings to see what other customers are saying about them.
- Find a Paynow Member: On Paynow you can initiate a transaction to any registered member who has setup payment options. After logging in click the Find a Paynow Member link and enter the email address of the registered member, complete the payment form, choose a payment method and make payment.
- Website or Email Link: Merchants have the option of embedding a link in their website or emails to initiate your transaction on Paynow. After clicking the link you will be taken to the login page and then onto the payment summary page. Check the details of the transaction and merchant are correct and then proceed to choosing your payment method and make payment.
- Paynow Cart: Some third party websites are integrated with Paynow but do not have their own shopping cart, when you click the Paynow button on that site it will add your goods to a Paynow Cart. Paynow has one cart per merchant, so if you add more products from that merchant they will be added to your cart. Only proceed to check out when you have added all your goods and checked the quantities. If applicable you will then be asked for shipping options, as configured by the merchant, and then proceed to choosing your payment method and make payment.
- Paynow External Site Integration: Some third party websites are integrated with Paynow but use their own shopping cart functionality. When you have completed checkout on the site choose Paynow as your payment option and you will be redirected to Paynow to choose your payment method and make payment. When complete you will be taken back to the merchant site.
Is My Info Secure?
All communication from your browser to Paynow is encrypted and user login data is stored in an industry standard secure manner. Paynow does not store your Vpayments password, Visa / MasterCard card details or EcoCash pin number a third party would need to gain access to this information from another source in order to make a payment without your knowledge. You will also be notified of all actions on Paynow to your registered or guest email address. Paynow has the facility to block future transactions from your account or card if suspicious transactions are detected and freeze existing suspicious transactions before payment to the merchant for further investigation.
What is BuySafe?
Paynow operates an escrow-type service called Buysafe to protect and reassure buyers. Buysafe protects the buyer by ensuring that the payers funds are only disbursed to the Merchant once the buyer is satisfied that the goods have been delivered or service has been rendered. The Merchant must make a delivery declaration to after which the buyer is afforded a 24-hour window to dispute delivery via a simple process on the Paynow website.
Where a dispute is registered by a buyer, the Merchant may elect to return the buyers funds by reversing the transaction or may challenge the buyer by providing acceptable Proof Of Delivery. If the Merchant and buyer are unable to resolve the matter directly, they may request mediation through Paynow. In complex cases, Paynow may refer the matter to an external body for independent arbitration.
Buysafe is enabled by default on all paynow sellers and may only be disabled by Verified Merchants. Verified Merchant status is reserved for sellers who have been through a stringent process to verify their identity.
Is My Money Safe? What Happens If I Do Not Get My Goods?
Depending on the merchant Paynow uses a delivery escrow service. The escrow service holds your payment in a Paynow holding account until the merchant has confirmed the goods are delivered at which point you will be notified by email and SMS (if you are a registered user). You have 24 hours to dispute the transaction if the goods are not received in good order. If a transaction has been disputed Paynow will initiate third party mediation to resolve the dispute. Please note mediation may incur costs to the customer or merchant.
If the merchant does not make use of the escrow service, or you elect to bypass it and acknowledge delivery has already happened, or the 24 hour dispute window has expired, Paynow cannot mediate any disputes and you will need to resolve the issue directly with the merchant. Please check the transaction details at the confirm payment stage as to whether the merchant is using the escrow service or not.
How Much Does It Cost?
It is up to the merchant whether they want to absorb the Paynow fees or pass it on to the customer or split the fees 50/50. Either way you are shown the final amount, including Paynow fees, on the confirm payment page. Please note that some payment methods may incur other fees outside of Paynow control. This will entirely depend on your bank or mobile operator, please confirm any extra fees with them before making payment.
Can I Rate Merchant?
Paynow allows you to rate and comment on any transaction over $20.00 that has been successfully paid. These ratings and comments are shown under the merchant's summary to help other shoppers in making their choice of merchant. Please rate your transactions whether the experience was good or bad.